& Zucchini Soup
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander and paprika
- 1 medium (1kg) cauliflower, chopped
- 3 medium (400g) zucchini, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- crusty baguette, to serve
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and chilli. Cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the spices, cook for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high, add the cauliflower, cook stirring for 2-3 minutes until cauliflower is well coated in spice mixture. Stir in the zucchini the stock. Bring to the boil. Partially cover, boil gently 15 minutes until cauliflower is just tender. Set aside to cool slightly. Blend or process until smooth.
- Meanwhile, to make the herb oil, put the parsley and chives in a small food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the oil and process until well combined, remove to a bowl, season.
- Return the soup to the saucepan. Reheat to a gentle simmer. Taste and season.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Swirl through herb oil, serve with crusty baguette.