SCHOOLS OUT, ITS FESTIVE TIME AND WE ARE ABOUT TO WELCOME A NEW YEAR – WE JUST LOVE SUMMER TIME.
It’s the time of the year where fresh produce is in abundance and full of flavour. Longer daylight hours ensure our veggies, fruits and herbs are capturing the most vitamin D, and so are we!
With warm days and balmy nights drinking more is important, we love these ideas for beverages these holidays:
For a grown up drink take advantage of Lychee season which is in full swing from now until February and try this little number with friends and family:
“There is no sincerer love than the love of food.” – George Bernard Shaw
Whether you are travelling away or staying at home for the Christmas break, there are always extra mouths to feed. Check out our favourite simple summer meal ideas:
Collective ideas from the office here at Hydro Produce on tips for entertaining this season:
- Plan ahead for parties, dinners and Christmas lunches. Where you can and prepare sauces, marinades and desserts the day before.
- Delegate tasks to others! Divide into groups; salads, meats, seafood, cheese platters and let’s not forget the washing up!
- Add Basil, Mint, Lemongrass and Ginger to drinks to create delicious flavour and aid in digestion.
- Let’s face it the BBQ works overtime through Summer, making it super easy to just grill it, try Corn, Sweet Potato, Zucchini, Eggplant and even Little Gem Lettuce sliced in halves. Serve grilled veggies as easy sides with a drizzle of your favourite sauce, marinade or just Olive Oil and sea salt.
- Leftovers, why not chop into a salad or use in wraps for lunch the next day – you can even change out a bread wrap and use a Little Gem or Cos Lettuce leaf as a wrap instead.
Share your festive fun creations with us through social media by adding in the hashtag #livefresh