Coconut Green Soup
- 1 tbs coconut or olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 head (400g) broccoli, chopped
- 3 medium (400g) zucchini, grated
- 4 cups coconut water or vegetable stock
- 1 bunch kale, leaves washed
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- pan fried flour tortillas, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the broccoli and zucchini, cook stirring for 1 minute. Pour over the coconut water, bring to the boil. Boil gently for 8 minutes until vegetables are tender. Shred the kale leaves (you should have 4 cups shredded leaves), cook 2-3 minutes until leaves wilt. Set aside to cool slightly. Blend or process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan. Add the coconut milk, return soup to a gentle simmer, without boiling until hot. Taste and season. Stir in the parsley.
- Combine the coconut and lemon rind. Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with coconut mixture. Serve with tortillas.