Tomato & Olive Salad
- 1 bunch red and green kale combo, leaves washed, dried
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mixed olives
- extra virgin olive oil
- 125g fresh ricotta
- 1 cup basil leaves
1. Remove the centre core from kale leaves. Chop the leaves and put into a large bowl. Add the salt, pepper, lemon rind and juice. Use your fingertips to rub salt, pepper and lemon all over the leaves. Cover and set aside 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven 220°C fan forced. Put tomatoes and olives onto an oven tray. Drizzle with oil and season. Roast 5-8 minutes until tomatoes just start to soften. Add to the kale. Toss to combine.
3. Break the ricotta into pieces, add to the kale with basil. Drizzle with olive oil. Season, toss gently. Serve.