Avocado Mexican Salad
& Jalapeno Dressing
- 2 fresh corn on cob
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large red capsicum, quartered, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 green jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
- 5 green shallots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup can black beans, drained, well rinsed
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 red and green oakleaf lettuce combo
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green jalapeno chilli, halved lengthways
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp caster sugar
1. For the dressing, pour half the oil into a small saucepan. Add the chilli, warm over low heat for 8 minutes, turning the chilli every 2 minutes. Set aside to cool. Pour the chilli and oil into a small food processor. Process until smooth. Add lime juice, sugar and remaining oil, process to combine. Season.
2. Preheat a barbecue or chargrill to medium. Brush the corn with a little olive oil and barbecue, turning frequently, for 10 minutes or until tender and golden. Cool 5 minutes then cut corn from the cob and put into a bowl.
3. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the capsicum, garlic and chilli, saute 3-4 minutes until tender, add to the corn. Cool. Once cool stir in the shallots, black beans, avocado and coriander.
4. Cut the lettuce in quarter lengthways, wash and pat tray. Arrange on a large platter or board. Spoon over the corn mixture then the dressing. Serve.