- 1 bunch kale, washed, dried
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 150g pancetta, chopped
- 250g spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml thickened cream
- ¼ cup continental parsley leaves, chopped
- 80g parmesan cheese – finely grated plus extra to serve
1. Remove the centre stem from the kale, shred leaves. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the pancetta and cook for 3-4 minutes until it starts to crisp. Add the kale, cook 1 minute until just starts to wilt.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions. Lightly whisk eggs, egg yolks and cream together.
3. Drain the pasta and return it to the hot pan, turning the heat off. Quickly add the egg mixture and stir until coated, the heat from the pasta will cook the egg slightly to form the creamy sauce. Add the kale mixture, parsley and half the parmesan, toss well to combine. Remove the pan and season with salt and pepper, Serve with remaining parmesan.