with Spiced Roast Vegetables and Quinoa Salad
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- 500g (½ medium) cauliflower, sliced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs moroccan spice blend
- 1 bunch kale, washed, dried
- 1 cup rice and quinoa
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- ⅓ cup currants, chopped
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven 200°C fan forced. Combine sweet potato and cauliflower in large roasting pan. Mix oil and spice together then spoon over vegetables. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 40 minutes until light golden and tender.
2. Remove the centre stem from the kale, roughly chop leaves. Scatter them over the sweet potato and cauliflower. Drizzle with a little oil and roast 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
3. Meanwhile cook the rice and quinoa following packet directions. Transfer to a bowl. Add oil, orange rind, juice and currants the warm rice and quinoa, stir to combine.
4. Just before serving stir the kale, roast vegetables and hazelnuts into the rice mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature.