- ½ cup white quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 4 eggs
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
- 1 avocado, quartered
- sourdough & lemon wedges, to serve
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Combine the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat, simmer, covered 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, stand 5 minutes. Drain, rinse and drain well.
2. For the dressing; whisk all the ingredients with salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined.
3. Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain well, cut in half. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Gently add eggs and stir until water returns to the boil. Cook for 4½ minutes for soft-boiled egg, or until cooked to your liking. Drain and refresh under cold water. Gently crack shells and peel.
4. Arrange 2-3 lettuce leaves onto each serving plate. Top with a spoonful of quinoa, asparagus, and avocado. Break the egg open and arrange on salad. Spoon over dressing. Season and serve sourdough and lemon wedges.