- 2 stems lemongrass, pale section only, chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 500g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 300g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tbs shaoxing chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbs kecap manis
- cooked jasmine rice to serve (optional)
1. Combine lemongrass, ginger, chilli and 1 tablespoon oil in a small food processor. Process to a paste. Transfer to a bowl. Add the chicken, stir to coat.
2. Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 1 teaspoon oil and swirl to coat. Add one-third of the chicken, stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate. Stir-fry remaining chicken in 2 batches.
3. Return all the chicken to the wok with snow peas and combined cooking wine and kecap manis, stir-fry 1-2 minutes until snow peas bright green. Serve with rice.