Burnt Butter over
Dutch Rainbow Carrots
- 3 bunches dutch rainbow carrots, ends trimmed
- 1 bunch sage
- 80g unsalted butter
- 40g parmesan, finely grated to serve
1. Steam, saute, boil or microwave carrots until almost tender. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, remove 16 leaves from sage. Melt butter into a large frying pan over medium heat. Once melted, add sage leaves. Cook, swirling pan often, for 5 minutes or until sage leaves are crisp and butter has turned a nut-brown colour.
3. Add carrots, turn to coat. Put onto serving plate, top with cheese. Season. Serve.