With Rum & Raisin
- 125g butter, softened
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbs grated fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 200g rum and raisin chocolate, chopped
- Combine the butter, chocolate and ginger in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool 10 minutes.
- Sift the cocoa powder and flour together into a bowl. Stir in the sugar. Stir in the chocolate ginger mixture and egg. Fold in the coconut and chopped chocolate. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven 180°C fan forced. Line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll heaped spoonfuls of mixture onto the trays, allowing room for spreading. Flatten slightly with damp fingertip.
- Bake two trays at a time for 12-14 minutes until cracked on top. Remove from the oven. Stand on trays for 15 minutes until firm enough to transfer to a wire rack to cool.