- 3 large green kale leaves, washed, dried
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup basil leaves, shredded
- 12 slices sour dough
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- finely grated parmesan, small basil leaves & lemon wedges, to serve
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
1. Remove centre stem from the kale, finely shred leaves. Put into a bowl. Use a teaspoon to remove the seeds from tomatoes, then dice and add to kale.
2. Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together with salt and pepper then pour over the kale and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Cover and set aside 30 minutes.
3. Cut the bread into 1cm-thick slices. Barbecue or chargrill the bread until toasted. While hot rub the surface with cut garlic.
4. Stir the basil into the kale mixture then pile over the bread. Top with parmesan and small basil leaves. Serve with lemon wedges.