& Fish Tacos
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of red or green kale
- ¼ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbs finely chopped pickled jalapeno
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbs mexican spice blend
- 600g skinless flathead fillets, bones removed
- light olive oil, for cooking
- 8 mini flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve
1. Whisk 1 tablespoon lime juice and oil in a large bowl with salt and pepper. Wash and dry 4 kale leaves. Remove the centre core and shred the leaves. Add leaves to the lime dressing, toss to coat. Set aside 10 minutes.
2. Combine mayonnaise and jalapeno together. Combine the remaining lime juice with coconut milk and spice in a shallow ceramic dish. Add the fish and turn to coat.
3. Drain fish from the marinade. Cover the base of a large non-stick frying with oil. Cook fish in batches for 5 minutes, turning until light golden and cooked through. Brush tortillas with a little oil and pan fry or chargrill until warm.
4. Spread tortillas with a little jalapeno mayonnaise. Top with kale, fish, avocado and coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
If you cant find mexican spice blend taco or fajita spice mix is suitable replacement.