- 1 green eakleaf lettuce, ends trimmed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp each ground coriander and cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ cup walnut halves
- 2 tbs chopped continental parsley
ANCHOVY CAESAR DRESSING
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ⅔ cup whole egg mayonnaise
1. Cut lettuce in half lengthways. Wash and dry well by shaking gently in a clean tea towel. Cut lettuce half in half again lengthways. Cover with damp paper towel and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Preheat oven 180°C fan forced. Combine the oil and spices. Season with salt. Add walnuts and stir to coat. Spoon onto a baking tray. Bake 10 minutes until toasted. Set aside to cool, roughly chop.
3. To make the dressing; place the anchovies, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice in a small food processor. Process until combined. Add the mayonnaise and pulse until combined. Add luke-warm water to adjust the consistency if needed. Season with pepper.
4. Arrange lettuce onto a platter, spoon over the dressing. Scatter with spiced walnuts and parsley. Serve.