Little Gem Lettuce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 1 tbs salted roasted peanuts
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs sriracha or hot chilli sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 400g beef mince
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1×2 pack little gem lettuce
- thinly sliced red chilli, coriander leaves & lime wedges, to serve
1. Pound or process the garlic, ginger, chilli, peanuts and 1 tablespoon of the oil to a rough paste. Combine chilli sauce and lime juice, set both aside.
2. Heat remaining oil in wok, add mince and stir-fry until well browned, and the chilli garlic paste and shallots, stir-fry 2 minutes until aromatic. Spoon mixture into a sieve to drain any excess moisture.
3. Separate the leaves from the little gem lettuce. Arrange on platter or serving plates. Spoon over mince then a little chilli lime dressing. Top with chilli and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.