Red Oakleaf Lettuce
- 500g (2) sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs slivered almonds
- 2 tbs seed & pine nut mix
- 1 red oakleaf lettuce
- 400g can brown lentils, well rinsed
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
LEMON TAHINI DRESSING
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tbs tahini
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
1. Preheat oven 200°C fan forced. Pat the sweet potatoes dry. Cut in half lengthways and put onto a lined baking tray in a single layer. Spray both sides with olive oil. Roast cut side up for 45 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool. Combine all the chipotle mayo ingredients together.
2. Scoop out the sweet soft flesh from the roasted sweet potato, you should have about 2 ¼ cups. (reserve skins for Sweet Potato Skins recipe. Spoon flesh into a large bowl. Add the seasoning and 1 cup panko crumbs. Roughly chop half the bunch coriander leaves and stems, stir into sweet potato mixture with corn, mix well.
3 Shape spoonfuls sweet potato mixture into balls, roll in remaining panko crumbs to lightly coat surface. Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to shallow fry. Heat over medium heat until hot. Cook fritters in batches for 4-5 minutes, turning until golden. Remove to a wire rack to drain, keep warm in the oven while cooking remaining fritters. Serve with, lime wedges and chipotle mayo.