Stuffed with Basil
- 125g piece fresh ricotta
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 6 zucchini flowers
- 2 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup basil leaves, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Combine the ricotta, parmesan and pesto. Season and mix until well combined.
2. Open zucchini flowers slightly and remove stamens. Spoon cheese mixture into the centre of each flower, leaving room to twist the ends to close.
3. Brush zucchini all over with egg white then lightly coat in breadcrumbs, you don’t want them completely coated. Shake off any excess.
4. Cover the base of large frying with oil and heat over medium –high heat until hot. Cook zucchini flowers in two batches, turning until light golden on all sides. Scatter over basil leaves and serve with lemon wedges.