- 2 bunches beetroot
- olive oil
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅔ cup light olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Remove any small beetroot leaves from the bunch, wash, dry and set aside. Trim the beetroot, leaving 2cm of the stalks attached. Peel and cut into thick wedges. Place beetroot onto a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until tender when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool 30 minutes.
2. To make the dressing, place anchovy, garlic, mustard, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and egg yolk in a small food processor. Process until well combined. With motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until dressing is thick and pale. Taste and season. Stir in 2 tablespoons chives.
3. Arrange beetroot onto serving plates. Spoon over the dressing and scatter with small beetroot leaves and extra chives. Serve.