- 3 purple sweet potato, unpeeled
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 100g bocconcini, torn in half
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 long green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pistachio kernels, toasted
- ½ cup grape seed oil
1. Preheat oven 200°C fan forced. Scrub the sweet potatoes under water with a clean brush. Pat dry. Pierce them all over, at least 8 times with a fork. Rub the skins all over with oil and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Put onto an oven tray and roast until tender all the way through to the centre.
3. Meanwhile for the pesto, combine the coriander leaves, shallots, chilli, garlic and pistachio in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. With processor on, add the olive oil in a slow steady stream until all combined.
4. Split the sweet potatoes down the centre with a sharp knife and ease open. Add few pieces bocconcini, spoon over the pesto. Serve with extra coriander leaves.