& Apple Sorbet
- 3 cup apple juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 8 unpeeled granny smith apples, washed
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1 egg white
- Combine 1 cup apple juice and the sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining apple juice.
- Quarter then core the apples. Roughly chop. Add half the apples to blender or large food processor. Add half the mint leaves then pour over half the apple juice mixture. Blend until smooth. Strain into an 8-cup capacity freezer-safe container. Repeat with remaining apples, mint and juice. Cover and place in the freezer for 6 hours or until almost set.
- Roughly break up the frozen sorbet and quickly transfer it to the bowl of a food processor. Whisk the egg white with a balloon whisk until frothy. Add to the apple mixture. Pulse in short, sharp, bursts until combined. Do not over process or the sorbet will turn into a liquid.
- Quickly return the sorbet to a container. Cover and return to the freezer for 6 hours or overnight until firm. Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving to soften slightly. Serve.