Prawn and Herb Rice Paper Rolls
- 1/2 x 250g packet rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 lebanese cucumbers
- 20 (about 600g) medium cooked prawns, peeled & deveined
- 4 spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ½ cup thai basil leaves
- ⅔ cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 150g packet Vietnamese rice paper wrappers
- mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce & lime wedges, to serve
1 Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Return to bowl. Cut into shorter lengths using kitchen scissors. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, cut cucumbers into thin ribbons.
2 Thinly slice prawns crossways. Cut the spring onions into thin strips. Combine the herbs.
3 Working with one rice paper sheet at a time, submerge it in a shallow dish of warm water for about 5 seconds, it will still be firm when you remove it. Place on a chopping board. Arrange 3 cucumber ribbons lengthways down the centre of the rice paper. Top with noodles, prawns, spring onions, herbs and peanuts. Fold in sides and roll-up firmly to enclose filling. Repeat to make 15. Serve with mayonnaise, sweet chilli and lime.