- 1 bunch kale, washed, dried
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 500g chicken breast fillet, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 125g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs grated palm sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- ½ cup roasted salted cashew nuts
- steamed rice or noodles, to serve
1. Remove the centre stem from the kale, tear leaves into smaller pieces. Combine sesame oil, lemongrass, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Add chicken, stir to coat.
2. Heat the wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tsp oil and swirl to coat the wok. Add one quarter of the chicken, stir-fry for 30 seconds until sealed. Remove to a clean bowl. Repeat with oil and chicken in three batches.
3. Add remaining oil with kale and snow peas, stir-fry 1 minute. Return all the chicken and any juices to the wok. Add combined fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice, stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove from heat, scatter over the basil and cashews. Serve over rice or noodles.