4-6 as side
- 1.5kg kent pumpkin, skin on
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1tbs moroccan seasoning
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 400g can cooked lentils, drained, rinsed
- 10 medjool dates, pitted, chopped
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup continental parsley leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- ½ pomegranate, seed removed, optional (see tip)
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper. Cut the pumpkin into 2.5cm-thick wedges. Arrange in the in a single layer. Combine oil, seasoning, cinnamon and cayenne. Spoon over the pumpkin, turn to coat both sides. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until the pumpkin is golden and tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
2. For the dressing, whisk all the dressing ingredients in a bowl, season. Add the lentils, dates, almonds, shallots, parsley and coriander to the dressing. Stir gently to combine.
3. Arrange pumpkin onto a platter or board. Spoon over the lentil mixture. Scatter over pomegranate seeds. Serve.
To remove the seeds from the pomegranate, roll the fruit on the bench to loosen the seeds. Score around the centre. Tear open into halves. Hold each half over a bowl, seeds facing down and tap the skin with a wooden spoon, squeezing a little to release the seeds.