Toast 2 Ways
10-15MINS + TOPPINGS
- 2x 500g thick sweet potato, unpeeled
AVOCADO SMOKED SALMON & POACHED EGG
- 1 avocado, peeled, mashed
- 8 slices (200g) smoked salmon
- 4 eggs, poached
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve, optional
SCRAMBLED EGG WITH MAPLE BACON
- 200g streaky bacon
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 tbs chopped chives
1. Wash and dry the sweet potato. Trim the end. Using a sharp knife, cut lengthways into 1cm-thick slices.
2. Place sweet potato slices into toaster and toast until almost tender and light golden. You will need to run the toaster through 2-4 toasting cycles. Be careful not to overcook the sweet potato, if it gets too soft it is difficult to remove from the toaster. Remove to a tray, cover with foil (this helps complete the cooking) while cooking remaining sweet potato. Alternately, place a sheet baking paper onto sandwich press, top with sweet potato then another sheet baking paper, cook in batches for 10 minutes until tender and light golden.
FOR THE AVOCADO SMOKED SALMON AND POACHED EGG
Place two sweet potato toasts onto serving plate, top with avocado, smoked salmon and poached egg. Season then top with green chilli. Serve with lime wedges.
FOR THE SCRAMBLED EGG WITH MAPLE BACON
Preheat oven 220°C. Brush both sides of the bacon with maple syrup. Place on a well greased oven tray. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden and sticky. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium frying pan. Whisk the eggs and milk until combined, add to the pan, cook, gently stirring until soft curds form. Remove from heat. Place two sweet potato toasts onto serving plate, top with scrambled egg, bacon and chives. Season with pepper.