Sweet Potato & Kale
One Pan Breakfast
- 1kg sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 leek, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 3 kale leaves, shredded (1 cup shredded)
- 125g mozzarella, grated
- 100g goats cheese, crumbled
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 cup coriander sprigs
- Toasted sour dough, to serve
1. Place the sweet potato on a large microwave-safe dinner plate. Cover with damp paper towel. Microwave on High/100% for 5 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Place the oil and chilli into a 5cm deep 20cm (base), non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Heat gently, shaking often for 3-4 minutes until chilli is soft. Remove half chilli oil mixture to a bowl, set aside. Increase heat to medium-high, add the sweet potato and leek, cook, shaking the pan for 10 minutes until sweet potato start to colour.
3. Scatter over the kale, gently stir to combine. Sprinkle over the mozzarella and goats cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour over the egg, gently shake the pan to allow the egg to run between the layers. Cook for 10 minutes or until the base and edges are firm but the top still a little soft. Remove from the heat.
4. Preheat oven 160°C. Place the frying pan into the oven and cook for 5 minutes or until top is firm.
5. Top with yoghurt, coriander sprigs and reserved chilli oil. Loosen the edges, cut into wedges, serve toasted sour dough.