Sweet Potato Skins
- 6 medium sweet potato, skin scrubbed
- olive oil cooking spray
- sour cream, coriander and lime wedges to serve
CHILLI ROSEMARY SALT
- 1 stem fresh rosemary
- 1 small red chilli, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs sea salt flakes
1. Preheat oven 200°C fan forced. Pat the sweet potatoes dry. Cut in half lengthways and put onto a lined baking tray in a single layer. Spray both sides with olive oil. Roast cut side up for 50-55 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
2. For the chilli rosemary salt; Put rosemary and chilli onto a baking tray. Spray lightly with oil. Roast under the sweet potato 8 minutes. Set aside to cool. Strip the leaves from the stem and put into a small food processor with chilli and salt. Process to a fine powder, alternately pound in a mortar with pestle.
3. Scoop out most of the sweet soft flesh (use for sweet potato mash or sweet potato corn fritter <(Link to “ Mexican sweet potato and corn fritters recipe”)>). Return the skins, cut side up to a clean baking tray. Spray both sides lightly with olive oil.
4. Preheat grill on high. Grill skins 4-5 minutes, then turn over and grill skin side for about 1 minute until golden. Sprinkle with chilli rosemary salt. Top with sour cream and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
- Top the sweet potato skins with warm boston beans and grated cheese, pulled pork & slaw, bolognese and grated parmesan or guacamole and fresh coriander leaves.