- 2cm piece ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 long red chillies, seeded, chopped
- 3 tbs light olive oil
- 500g beef sirloin, trimmed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thai basil leaves
- salted roasted peanuts, chopped to serve
1. Pound or process ginger, garlic and chilli until finely chopped. Remove half to a bowl, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add beef and turn to coat. Combine remaining ginger mixture with lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and 2 tablespoons of the oil.
2. Preheat barbecue plate or grill on medium-high. Cook beef for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside 10 minutes to rest. Thinly slice steak.
3. Combine onion, cucumber, tomatoes and basil. Pile onto plates, spoon over dressing. Top with peanuts. Serve.