Little Gem Lettuce
San Choy Bau
- 2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 2 large limes, juiced
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs grated palm sugar or brown
- 1 twin pack litte gem lettuce
- coriander sprigs & lime wedges, to serve
1. Cut each chicken fillet in half through the centre to form thinner fillets. Heat a frying pan or barbecue grill on medium heat. Brush both sides chicken with a little oil. Cook 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove to a plate, cover stand 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine garlic, ginger and chilli in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a jug, stir in lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and remaining olive oil. Slice the warm chicken and add to the dressing. Stir to coat.
3. Separate the leaves from the both red and green cos gem lettuce. Place 1 green cos gem leaf on top of 1 red cos gem and arrange on serving platter. Top each with chicken mixture and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.