- 4 corn on cob, husk on
- olive oil
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 bunch coriander
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
1. For the dressing; whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper together in a bowl.
2. Peel back the corn husks and remove the fine silks. Reposition the husks back over the corn. Tie with string to secure. Soak the corn in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes. Drain well. Microwave the corn cobs for 4 minutes on High/100%. Remove the husks. Brush corn with oil and barbecue, turning often for 5 minutes until lightly charred.
3. Cut the kernels from the cob and add to the dressing with shallots and coconut. Stir to coat. Just before serving, remove ¾ cup leaves from the coriander and stir in the salsa. Season.